which keyboard for beginners?

Reaction score
As i am beginner i am confused between casio ctk 860in and yamah psr e353 which key board is better? Plz suggest i am totally new in musical instrument knowledge. Plz share ur views.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi, when i first started playing keyboard i had the same dilemma in choosing. I would suggest to look at all of the youtube clips. Just type in ctk860in or pst e353. There are lots to look at. Look at all of the features and make yr decision on what you see and hear. It gets down to a personal choice. Both brands are reputable and both offer excellent features. The casio ctk860in has many indian sounds. It would be the best choice if you want to play that kind of music. Sitar etc... The yamaha (apparently) may have a better grand piano sound but that is debatable. They both have awesome instrumental sounds . Try them both out in the shop. Listen to all of the features. Add up the pros and cons of both and make your own personal choice. you might like latin music or rock. Pick the one with the best variety that suits you. You will be happy with either based on your own personal choice.

Reaction score
Hi, when i first started playing keyboard i had the same dilemma in choosing. I would suggest to look at all of the youtube clips. Just type in ctk860in or pst e353. There are lots to look at. Look at all of the features and make yr decision on what you see and hear. It gets down to a personal choice. Both brands are reputable and both offer excellent features. The casio ctk860in has many indian sounds. It would be the best choice if you want to play that kind of music. Sitar etc... The yamaha (apparently) may have a better grand piano sound but that is debatable. They both have awesome instrumental sounds . Try them both out in the shop. Listen to all of the features. Add up the pros and cons of both and make your own personal choice. you might like latin music or rock. Pick the one with the best variety that suits you. You will be happy with either based on your own personal choice.

Thanx for reply but in my town there is no any shop where i can go and check physically so i have to take decision without seeing physically demo. So plz suggest me which is better between this plz help.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I suggest downloading the manuals-- including the sound lists and MIDI references, if those are in separate documents-- for whichever keyboards you're interested in. Then you can make a list or table of specific features that are most important to you, comparing how the different keyboards stack up against each other on those points.

As far as sounds are concerned, you might not want to make a sound-by-sound list of whether each keyboard has a particular sound unless that sound is important to you, but you could compare how many sounds-- and how many of each type of sound (e.g., acoustic piano, electric piano, organ, brass, woodwinds)-- each keyboard has.

And if you plan on using MIDI with the keyboard, you might want to compare which MIDI commands the keyboards can transmit and receive.

If a comparison of their capabilities doesn't settle the issue for you, and you can't do an actual in-store comparison of the keyboards to help you decide, then search for videos of the keyboards being played-- as Rayblewit suggested-- and look for online reviews from people who bought those keyboards to see what they did or didn't like about them. You could also search in online forums for posts that mention the specific keyboards you're interested in, and ask the forum members who have one of those keyboards how they like it, whether there's anything about it they wish were different, etc. I don't have any experience with either the CTK-860IN or the PSR-E353, so I can't help there.

Also, if there are no local shops that you can buy from, such that you must resort to ordering online, make sure the vendor you order from allows a full money-back guarantee on returns, and check the return policy carefully (e.g., how much time you have for returning a keyboard, and whether you have to pay the return shipping fees yourself). Hopefully you'll pick a keyboard you're happy with and that doesn't need to be returned, but make sure you've got that option just in case.

Reaction score
i like the wk7600 or the ctk 7200 both are good but the 7600 gives a little more in voices and accompainment

Ask a Question