Yamaha P95 or Casio CDP-120?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good quality, light-weight digital keyboard that feels and sounds like a real piano. Any other bells and whistles would be nice, but that's mainly what I want. I'd pretty well settled on the Yamaha P-95, but just recently saw a Guitar Center ad for the Casio CDP-120 for considerably less money ($549 v. $299). Both are in my budget, seem to be similar in most ways (weight, features, etc.) but I haven't had a chance to try the Casio, so I can't really tell if it's got the same sound and feel. I'd rather spend a little more to get a keyboard I'll be happy with for a long time than save a couple of bucks for a keyboard I'll tire of quickly. Anybody have a recommendation?

Reaction score
Casio usually has cheaper keyboards, new keyboards has a lot of functions, but the sound is not as good as the more expensive keyboards. That's my 2 cents.

Reaction score
I think you're right - and it the sound is not good it really doesn't matter how cheap the cost. Yamaha has a really strong reputation for quality, so that's where I think I'm headed. The portable keyboard that I'm using now is a Casio WK1600, and as much as I love playing the thing I'm really starting to notice how artificial the sound is. Also I'm really looking forward to having weighted keys. Thanks so much for your response - it helps.

Ask a Question