Yamaha psr 3000 issue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My keyboard is a great one but its got a mysterious problem. 15 mins after being powered up, it reset itself over and over. The LCD screen then starts flashing the Yamaha logo continuously. After which it goes black. There are no sounds or on-board lights while this is going on. Can anybody point me in the right direction on what could be causing this???

This the youtube video of whats happening if you need to view it.

Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Given your history with this board and the fact that it's been in and out of Yamaha service three times only two possibilities come to my mind.

1) Since all the guts have been replaced but I am assuming that the chassis and buttons have not, possibly look for a stuck button or keyswitch in the ON position. Maybe a little soda or syrup got into one and it's causing the button to stick and fail it's POST on bootup.

Try working all the buttons one by one with the power off, making certain they all travel freely, though the only way to be 100% sure would be to disassemble the beast and thoroughly clean and dry each and every switch on the machine.

If button pushing fails I'd suggest that either Yamaha repair it properly under warranty again and failing that, simply take them to small claims court for failure to deliver as promised or in legal terms, Breach of Contract.

In that case they'd probably settle with you out of court no contest and offer you a newer keyboard of equal or greater value as a replacement.

Then again they'd really only be liable for the amount of money spent so far on repairs so actually you may only end up with the cost of the repair back in your pocket.

Honestly though, I don't think I'd hold my breath on getting this one back into service. Given its history I'd classify this one in the lemon category.

Gary

Last edited:

Ask a Question