1/8 headphone output to two studio monitors with 1/4 inputs

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently bought some KRK Rockit 5 monitors off of CL for a whopping $40 bucks. Amongst other things I plan to do with them one is to connect my Casio CTS1 with a 1/8 headphone output to the 1/4 input of the studio monitors. I've read that the internal speakers of the CTS1 do not do the sound engine justice; hoping my $40 monitors will if nothing else add some volume (not expecting any miracles!)

So the question to the groups is how best do I do this. Is simple splitter cable enough? My monitors can use 1/4 inputs or RCAs; is any better? Is there a splitter box that would work? Just looking for how others have done this and any advice of what would work best. I couldn't find anything on youtube for this believe it or not.

Thanks to all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently bought some KRK Rockit 5 monitors off of CL for a whopping $40 bucks. Amongst other things I plan to do with them one is to connect my Casio CTS1 with a 1/8 headphone output to the 1/4 input of the studio monitors. I've read that the internal speakers of the CTS1 do not do the sound engine justice; hoping my $40 monitors will if nothing else add some volume (not expecting any miracles!)

So the question to the groups is how best do I do this. Is simple splitter cable enough? My monitors can use 1/4 inputs or RCAs; is any better? Is there a splitter box that would work? Just looking for how others have done this and any advice of what would work best. I couldn't find anything on youtube for this believe it or not.

Thanks to all.
One of these will work ......

Ask a Question