1 Volume Pedal, 2 Keyboards

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Two options here.

You could use the Boss FV-500L stereo volume pedal using both keyboards in mono mode and running each one's output thru one of the stereo channels.

http://www.amazon.com/Boss-FV-500L-Volume-Pedal-Impedence/dp/B001NH87MC

Or you could use something like the Behringer FCB-1010 Fotto Controller Pedalboard to control the MIDI volume parameters directly and not have to screw around with rewiring your outputs.

http://www.amazon.com/BEHRINGER-MIDI-FOOT-CONTROLLER-FCB1010/dp/B000CZ0RK6

The Boss is a quick and dirty solution while the Behringer requires a bit of programming but is much more elegant.

Either way it's your call,

Gary...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the Y splitter method. Dave has been lucky so far that he hasn't blown out a keyboard with it yet but you risk all kinds of funky weird circuit loading with this method and if one keyboard has a positive ground you'll definitely let the magic smoke out of the unit.

Cowboy's method of routing a single pedal thru a Mixer is definitely a preferable method by comparison.

Gary

Reaction score
I'd use an Ernie Ball stereo volume pedal. I'd go stereo out of the mixer through the EB pedal and out to a pair of powered speakers. But that doesn't really answer the OP's question. The Ernie Ball stereo pedal would of course accommodate two keyboards if they were both mono.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's why I recommended the BOSS pedal. It's stereo and it's low impedance designed for keyboards.

Gary

Ask a Question