28 days later in the house in a heartbeat piano interpretation

Reaction score
Hi again, been working on this one for awhile now and finally got it to sound good the ending was abit tricky though if you play it through to the end you'll see what i mean..excuse the bad quality camera on the phone isn't that good..and please excuse where the keyboard is i havent got a stand for it yet and have to have it in the kitchen :( pain in the ass it is.

Thanx for listening

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
(I suppose that's a way to keep your music really hot.)

Nicely done. Is it an original or from the 28 Days Later soundtrack? (My daughter always questions that fact that I can't remember soundtracks. Play five seconds of any Doctor Who episode's soundtrack, and she can identify the show and the scene. Me, nothing.)

There's nothing wrong with having your keyboard in the kitchen. I've got my keyboards and books, etc., in a small narrow room that used to be the front porch. Makes camera angles a bit, interesting, too. Generally I go for the "down the keyboard" shot, with the camera on a mini-tripod resting on the other keyboard. If I push my piano bench back, then the desk chair has to be on the far left or the bench isn't far enough back, etc.
20160224_214442.jpg

The ornate cabinet on the left is a music cabinet. Inside there are lots of small shelves meant for sheet music. This probably goes back three generations in my family On top of it is a hammered dulcimer I built a while ago. On top of that are papers and other random items.

Next is a white IKEA bookshelf and desk. It's mostly full of music, organized by genre. The vast majority is classical and musical theater for sopranos. (This is what happens when you've got a wife and two daughters who are singers.) On top of the bookshelf are random kid's percussion instruments, bongos, eight soprano recorders, one alto recorder, and a tenor recorder. Also an ancient voice to MIDI converter and synth.

In the corner is Christmas paper, a guitar stand, a mike stand, three acoustic guitars, a small kid's size bass, and a Casio PG-380. I play none of these.

On the right side is a DGX-650 and a fretted clavichord. This is where I'm spending most of my music time lately.

The box on the floor is a Little Free Library that I haven't assembled yet. It's currently a very useful place to stack books and mail.

The window behind the desk faces my neighbor's front yard, while I get to look at people driving by while I'm playing.

The point of all this is that, for every nicely laid out music studio you see, there are other people who stick their instruments where they can. A kitchen makes as much sense as anywhere else. And one advantage is that the beer/cold drinks/coffee is close at hand.

Reaction score
Haha loved the ending! :eek: :D

That was really good! Think it could be improved by sticking to a strict tempo, but other than that I really liked it :)

Reaction score
thanx for the comments guys..hope no one had to change their underwear hehe ;)

Hi fred nice set up.. :thumbsup:
To answer your question the original track is played on guitar and piano...the piano solo version isn't exact i know..i tried to get it to sound as close to it as i could, i'm sure there is others out there who could do a better job of it than i did..but i'm tied up with other things so i haven't put 100% effort into it..still sounds alright though you'd still know it was in the house in a heartbeat although abit different.

Last edited:

Ask a Question