5 Greatest Rappers of all time

Reaction score
Just wondering since I'm from the old school, who you consider the 5 greatest rappers of all time. I'm talking the whole package, lyrics, beats, flow, voice, success, presence and whatever else you wanna measure an artist by. So someone like Biggie who had a unique voice and great flow, can make the list even if he wasn't the most original when it came to lyrics.

I'm not as up or as interested in today's rappers I admit so my list will be skewed to the 90's. Anyways lets have yours with or without reasons.

My Top 5

2Pac - unique in every way, I never get tired of his songs. I didn't love them all, but he was so prolific he made a ton of great songs. No one touches him in my books, he's the MJ of rapping

Jay-Z - Solid rapper, great voice, superb beats and probably the most commercially successful rapper over the longest period of time as well.

Nas - Great lyrics, great voice, a little too hit and miss at times with some songs, but when he hits, it's a classic. Illmatic is without a doubt the best first album by a rapper of all time.

The Beastie Boys - Blew up when I was in HS, These guys have been successful for over 20 yrs. Liscensed to Ill, Paul's Boutique and Check your Head

Dr. Dre - Whether being in N.W.A, releasing the Chronic, producing Snoop Dogg, Eminem and to an extent 2Pac, dude is an icon in the rap industry. Really shoulda put out more of his own stuff but still love what he did put out.

Honorable Mentions: Kanye West, Notorious B.I.G, Redman, Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Rakim, KRS-One, Mobb Deep, OutKast

So that's my list, really feel strongly about the top 4, kinda so-so on Dre.
What's your list?

Reaction score
1) Jay-Z
2) Nas
3) Biggie Smalls
4) Eminem
5) Guru from GangStarr

2pac, Dre, Raekwon, GZA, Method Man, and Chali 2na unlucky to miss out!

Reaction score
kinda off topic but anyone play 2pac's changes? i love that song! its really just bruce hornsbeans thats the way it is but either way thats one of my "chill when im in a blah mood i play it as a pick me up" songs

Ask a Question