6.35 mm jack use

NBB

Reaction score
Hi,
I have ct-x870in for which I have purchased 6.35 to 3 mm jack.
I am not able to use it. I have plugged it into socket with 3 mm standard handsfree connected to it but it is still playing through speaker.
What am I doing wrong?
Screenshot of jack is attached.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-28-10-14-01-131_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-28-10-14-01-131_com.android.chrome.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 73
Reaction score
Hi,
I have ct-x870in for which I have purchased 6.35 to 3 mm jack.
I am not able to use it. I have plugged it into socket with 3 mm standard handsfree connected to it but it is still playing through speaker.
What am I doing wrong?
Screenshot of jack is attached.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
the plug looks like it is mono.
as in the manual
Phones/output jack=Stereo standard jack (for headphones)
Stereo MINI - JACK input is for audio.( other devices that you will use to listen via your ct-x
Use the right one depending on what you like to do
gtgs
mris

Reaction score
Regardless of the wrong jack being used it might still be possible your keyboard doesnt turn off the speakers when you plug in the adapter into the headphone jack. However i also dont know what jack you are inserting the plug into. The 1/8" male plug you purchased means you intended to plug into an 1/8" female insert on your keyboard, which is an insert plug for things like a phone or an mp3 player. It's an input jack, not a output jack which would explain why your speakers are still working. You need to reread the operating manual so that you have a better understanding of what functionality the jacks were meant to do.

NBB

Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you all for prompt replies.
Bases on them, I learnt that I have purchased wrong jack.
I searched for what you had suggested and found such jack which I am posting here.
If it is proper, then I will replace it in online shopping site.
Kindly guide.
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-29-09-37-21-843_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-29-09-37-21-843_com.android.chrome.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
This is an example of the proper jack:

1/8" (3.5mm) TRS Female to 1/4" (6.35) TRS Male adapter.

Again, depending on your particular keyboard the speakers may or may not work, it depends on how the manufacture wired the internal Op amp; for some keyboards when the headphone jack is inserted the internal speakers go off and some keyboards the internal speakers stay on.

Last edited:

NBB

Reaction score
This is an example of the proper jack:

1/8" (3.5mm) TRS Female to 1/4" (6.35) TRS Male adapter.

Again, depending on your particular keyboard the speakers may or may not work, it depends on how the manufacture wired the internal Op amp; for some keyboards when the headphone jack is inserted the internal speakers go off and some keyboards the internal speakers stay on.
Hi,
The calble you have mentioned is out of stock.
They were showing similar items like 'Hosa GPP - 419 Fe (shown in screenshot).
Kindly suggest if it can be purchased instead.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-28-18-26-21-822_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-28-18-26-21-822_com.android.chrome.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 41
Reaction score
The Hosa jack you show is incorrect. That is a TS 1/8" female to TRS 1/4 male. Both the 1/8" and the 1/4" need to be TRS. In the case of a headphone jack, there are two channels, a left and a right. The tip carries one channel (typically the left side) and the ring carries the other channel (typically the right side). The sleeve is ground. With the TS plug for the headphones you will only get one side and the other will be dead since it needs the data carried on ring for which a TS plug doesn't support. This is why you need both ends of the conversion plug to be TRS.

Any jack that is TRS 1/4" (6.35mm) male to TRS 1/8" (3.5mm) female will work. TRS stands for Tip/Ring/Sleeve. TS stands for Tip/Sleeve You need to have both ends (female and male) to be TRS. Like this one: link

Last edited:

Ask a Question