8 track Recording...

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm still in a quandry over amateur recording. Yesterday, I bought this package and it came with Cubase software. I thought it might make a difference in recording my songs, but again when I record the composition in Cubase and play it back the only sounds are the ones where I'm striking the keys. No drum tracks, no additional effects, etc.

So, I'm down to my option of using a portable 8 track mixer with CD burner. I would like some comments from those of you who have experience with these. I'm looking to purchase the TASCAM DP-03. It seems like a good buy. What I need to know is how do I connect this to my keyboard amplifier? I assume I need to purchase a 1/4 cable, but I don't want anymore surprises on this recording issue. If you could please answer the following:

--Which slot on the recorder would I need to plug the cable into if I'm only recording keyboard?
--Which slot on the back of my amplifier do I need to plug the other end into? The one labeled as CD?

Most of all, are there any surprises that I may not be aware of? I simply want to play my music and have the mixer record all the effects as well. And once that is done, I want to simply burn it to the CD and import it as a .WAV file on my PC. Thanks again for all of your help.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to follow up on this in case anyone else has had the same issues as me. I'm happy to report that I have resolved my recording problem! Yesterday, I picked up the TASCAM DP-03 portable mixer w/CD burner and it worked like a charm. I was able to take saved music from the memory card of my Korg, play it through the keyboard and into the mixer. The mixer picked it up no problem! From there i simply tweaked the tracks, made stereo masters, normalized them for optium sound and burned it to a CD. I could not have asked for an easier process!

Thanks to Goz and everyone else who helped me finally resolve this!

Ask a Question