80's cover band needs a new synth

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I play for an 80's cover band. To give you an idea of what we play, for our next gig I have to work on Atomic and Call Me by Blondie (some arpeggiated sound in Atomic) , INXS - Don't Change, Walking In LA - Missing Persons, Culture Club - Miss Me Blind, Motels - Take the L, Till Tuesday - Voices Carry. Older stuff we play includes, Genesis, Bowie, Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls, Cars, Pyschedelic Furs, New Order. Anyway, you get it, 80's stuff with LOTS of synth. Right now I have a Korg PS60 performance synth on top and a Casio Privia on the bottom rack. Pretty much low-end stuff. I really need another synthesizer. A good one for the kind of music we play. I was thinking about the Roland Jupiter 50. I have about $2,000.00 to spend. What should I get???

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In that price range you might also want to take a look at the Korg Krome 88 and the Kurzweil PC3LE8 or PC3K8.

Personally I own a PC3K8 and while it's a bitch to program it's an amazingly powerful and versatile synth and well suited to 80's techno.

I just got it this summer and I'm still ascending the learning curve with it but so far I keep getting pleasantly surprised by it every day.

Gary

Ask a Question