88 Weighted Keys, Piano sounds, Rhythms, Sounds, Arpeggios in one package...

Reaction score
I currently have an old Yamaha PSR E-423 which I love tinkering with. My daughter is learning to play piano so we now need a full keyboard with decent piano sounds and pedals (built-in or attached). Since the keyboard will be in our living room we will also need something with built-in speakers.
So we are looking for:
Full 88 key keyboard
Weighted keys
Decent piano sounds
Pedals (built in or attached)
and my old Yamaha features like:
Rhythms
Lots of sounds
Arpeggios
Basic synthesizer features to modify sounds
The closest I've found so far is the Casio CGP-700BK but I'm not sure if that has any arpeggio features.
The ability to connect to an iPad would also be great bonus to try out the apps.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
In order to get the arpeggiator and also the full editable synthesizer functions, you'd have to go up to the Casio PX-560. The stand and triple pedal unit are available options. It's a really nice board, and the only one I can think of that does everything you listed.

Reaction score
Thanks!
If I was to remove the requirement for the editable synthesizer functions are there are other alternatives?

Reaction score
I don't think so, I think you'd have to lose the arpeggiator too (i.e. Korg XE20/XE20SP, Yamaha DGX660), though they do provide a bunch of backing track options.

Ask a Question