A.I. generated music

Reaction score
This is a trend that really bothers me. Artificial Intelligence writing music. Sure, it's purely monetary driven but I've also found that that is for me a pretty lousy reason to write music. Granted, we all want to make money form our music, but when an A.I. is being used; bought for the purpose of; it sticks kn my craw. In the accompanying article, the song writer says she uses it because she doesn't know what chord should come next. To this I say most emphatically, LEARN! Work with somebody who does know, Yes, it's only a matter of time before most of your pop radio hits are written by a machine but is that what we really want?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/31/17777008/artificial-intelligence-taryn-southern-amper-music

Have a listen and read the article. After all, it's the real song\writers here who are at risk.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Not just music but also lyrics, poetry, literature and even news articles. Half the articles you read on the wire services these days are written by robots, believe it or not.

Like it or not, it's inevitable. AI is coming and robots are coming to replace humans in EVERY field, not just slinging burgers and driving trucks and welding cars together. Even law and medicine will end up automated within the next couple of decades.

This is why I posted yesterday about a tax on robots to replace the revenue lost to the government when a machine replaces a human. Once mass unemployment hits the 35% to 50% mark society as a whole will have to make some tough choices.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/...es_a_23516556/?utm_campaign=canada_newsletter

Sure the music may sound bland and crappy now but the first chess programs couldn't win at chess against a grandmaster either. Today computers are kicking ass at Jeopardy. In another few decades??? We simply won't be able to compete.

My advice is to prepare for it as best you can and pray for the robot tax to be enacted sooner rather than later.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question