A Keyboard fabrication question

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm attempting to create a midi replica of a Fender Rhodes bass.

For musical purposes, I have to use a 37 key controller instead of a 32 key, so it will be a little larger than the original and have a few more keys.

I already have all of the vintage pieces, and am ready to build the replica Rhodes box. Now I'm down to deciding on a midi controller and how to install it.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask the question, or if anyone has any experience in something like this, but I figured I'd post and see.

I'm considering either a Line6 KB 37 or an Alesis Micron controller. In regards to the Line6 it has such a minimal case design I could probably leave it in it's case and just velcro it into the Rhodes replica box, but it's a little expensive for my taste. With the Alesis though, I'd have to decase the keys and circuit boards and mount them in my replica box. Anyone have any other suggestions regarding either other controller options or dealing with removing keys and boards from midi controllers? I wish M-audio still made their 37 key controller. The inside of those things is so minimal. They discontinued it.

Anyway, any ideas or advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks

Ask a Question