A Music Lover

Reaction score
She sits there every time I start to practice. Then she falls asleep.

In fact I recall back in the 90s when we had one of those cheap home keybds, the cats always jumped up & walked on it. Um, maybe that's why the keys stopped working. But it wasn't a complete waste. My sons learned to play 'Moonlight Sonata' on the cheap keybd and next thing you know they are begging for piano lessons. Today those boys are both incredible musicians (not on keybds though...)

Attachments

• mm6.jpg
    mm6.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 545
Reaction score
She sits there every time I start to practice.

But I spoze there are people who would say I shouldn't let her sit there because her little tiny cat hairs will get into my keyboard...?

Reaction score
I love kitties
1120.gif

My kittens used to play my piano too. They weren't very good though :)

LOL!!!!!!
Did you do that image yourself??:D

Yeah we thought it was cute for the cats to walk on the keybd.

I have had cats bite or paw a guitar string too.

But in fact I think cats do like music, she used to sit next to the bass amp when we were playing, and if I play keybd with headphones on, she makes this 'mrow' noise like "why can't I hear anything?"

Reaction score
Well, we've had lots of cats around the house, but that was before I got a keyboard myself. However, now we got a relatively big dog, and... well, it managed to crash my keyboard into the floor at their first encounter. Dog - 1 Keyboard - 0 xD

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
Well, we've had lots of cats around the house, but that was before I got a keyboard myself. However, now we got a relatively big dog, and... well, it managed to crash my keyboard into the floor at their first encounter. Dog - 1 Keyboard - 0 xD

<<Gratwhol>>

NOOO. He didn't destroy your keyboard?!

Last nite my kitty was sitting in front of the keyboard watching me play. She put a paw on one of the buttons & then tried to paw the selection wheel after seeing me do it. There's a kitty who really wants to make music!

Reaction score
here are some of them http://www.motifator.com/mart/ExpansionBoardsNew.html so take a look for yourself :)

Wait a sec... you can add functions to your keyboard?

I have a "mini-mo" MM6. Would it work for this?

I'm pretty busy with learning just the basic functions, but there are few things I wish I could add... like maybe more polyphony, more control over patterns & arpeggios, and my fave sound... portamento!

Reaction score
Wait a sec... you can add functions to your keyboard?

I have a "mini-mo" MM6. Would it work for this?

I'm pretty busy with learning just the basic functions, but there are few things I wish I could add... like maybe more polyphony, more control over patterns & arpeggios, and my fave sound... portamento!

Unfortunately it works only for high end keyboards... With MM6 is what you see is what you get... nothing more, and nothing less

Reaction score
NOOO. He didn't destroy your keyboard?!

Last nite my kitty was sitting in front of the keyboard watching me play. She put a paw on one of the buttons & then tried to paw the selection wheel after seeing me do it. There's a kitty who really wants to make music!

Put some pics of your cat playing :D

Reaction score
:D I don't believe that would be a joyful listening time but.... why not :D

Nahhh.... to do that, I'd have to actually encourage my kitty to get on the keyboard... and I don't want to do that. I want her to get the idea that Musical Instruments Are Not Good Places For Cats To Play/Sleep.

Reaction score
Luckily, the dog didn't ruin the keyboard :p
And yeah, I'd love the see your cat playing xD

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
i once had a parrot who LOVED listening to my (at that time) terrible playing. Or maybe it was that "Birds" sound effect my old PSR had :D

Reaction score
Well, since we had a fresh batch of kittens around, I thought I'd get them all to play something. I even got them on my old Casio(but one ran away).

As you can see they are quite a little ensemble, one handling the pitch and modulation wheels while the other handles the settings and the rest play.

:D

P.S. Only time I'll ever allow cats on my keyboard. I usually chase cats out with fury. :p

Attachments

• IMG_2542.JPG
    IMG_2542.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_2543.JPG
    IMG_2543.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_2545.JPG
    IMG_2545.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_2548.JPG
    IMG_2548.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 480
Reaction score
Well, since we had a fresh batch of kittens around, I thought I'd get them all to play something. I even got them on my old Casio(but one ran away).

As you can see they are quite a little ensemble, one handling the pitch and modulation wheels while the other handles the settings and the rest play.

:D

P.S. Only time I'll ever allow cats on my keyboard. I usually chase cats out with fury. :p

Wait a sec, one of those keyboards is a Yamaha, not a Casio!!

You'll let' em play on a Yamaha?

What kind of kittens are those?? All white kittens, very unusual!

Reaction score
Yeah, the my main one is a Yamaha S90 ES, the Casio CTK-481 was my first one, I just let the kittens on it for nostalgic reasons.

Yes, I let them play on a Yamaha :p.

They are Silver Chinchilla's. My mom breeds them so we usually have lots of kittens running around the house. I think we currntly have around 8, but the other ones are too young for any hard rocking :cool:. The bunch you saw there is a litter of 5 brothers.

Anyway, yeah, Silver Chinchillas are a rather rare breed, so you won't see them much.

Ask a Question