A new funky one

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's a rockin riff and the bridge sounds pretty good too. My only suggestion would be to sweep the keyboard more on the bridge and use more than the bottom third of the keyboard.

Adding some higher octaves to the melody line would make it more musically interesting and give it more of an improvised feel.

At least that's how I'd approach it.

Rock on!!! :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanx Gary my thoughts exactly mate it's easier said than done.. I need a digital so i can layer it, that or grow an extra arm :D Thanx for your advice mate..i'll keep workin on it..hopefully It'll be a rocking piece that most like..
Have a nice Christmas Mate.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Option A. Get a MIDI keyboard.

Option B. Grow a third arm.

Option C. Get a Tascam 8 Track Digital recorder too do a good old fashioned multitrack audio recording and set up the video as a split screen of multiple takes. :D

Where there's a will there's a way :D

https://www.amazon.com/DP-008EX-Portastudio-Portable-Multi-Track-Recorder/dp/B00B9060X6

With 8 tracks to play with you could easily add percussion, contrabass and vocals and make it a ripsnortin commercial hit :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Option A. Get a MIDI keyboard.

Option B. Grow a third arm.

Option C. Get a Tascam 8 Track Digital recorder too do a good old fashioned multitrack audio recording and set up the video as a split screen of multiple takes. :D

Where there's a will there's a way :D

https://www.amazon.com/DP-008EX-Portastudio-Portable-Multi-Track-Recorder/dp/B00B9060X6

With 8 tracks to play with you could easily add percussion, contrabass and vocals and make it a ripsnortin commercial hit :D

Gary ;)

Thank you kind sir i will look in to it ;)

Reaction score
It sounds great! Just a tad repetitive since you asked. A slight melody change mid stream could enhance it. Also Move it up an octave for a few bars then back down again.
Nice funky riff. It could go places.

Thanx Rayblewit...yeah you're right it does repeat a bit to much..i'll keep that in mind as i try to better it...my skills with a piano only go so far though, hopefully it'll improve over time..thanx for your honesty

Reaction score
Hi guys Hope you all had a nice Christmas :)

Since i got some honest helpful feedback on my last piece i thought I'd post up another one I've been working on..yeah i know I'm never just working on one always 3 or 4 trying to come up with a great hit..maybe one day hey, i can dream cant I :D well anyway what do you think of this one...please keep in mind this is only the piano part this won't be a stand alone piece I will be adding other instruments into it when I'm happy with the melody..and I'm sure others like it too I've had feedback from friends and family..but it would be good to get some expert advice again..thanx for looking

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The melody is sweet and simple and very very pretty. Nothing wrong there.

My only suggestion to add to the performance would be to play the bass chords more fortissimo in order to accentuate the musical contrast and set the mood for the undertones.

Otherwise, Bravo!!! :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank you for the input Gary very kind of you..i was thinking of changing the bass notes to strings because i think it sounds a bit better...i should of done another recording with strings instead..that was recorded back in November...but anyway it's more the melody i wanted advice on...glad you like it.

Reaction score
Hi again...Since my 3rd piece I'm working on is starting to take shape thought I'd post it up..just to give a sneak preview :) I'm really happy with this one so far..I think this one could become a really nice piece if i don't mess it up...it's very ruff cut at the moment but hopefully in a few months it will evolve into something great..my only worry with it is, it sounds familiar..to somebody elses music not sure though...anybody heard the melody before..just to make sure i don't waste my time on it..

Please excuse the double chin :eek:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You need to work on making it flow better. It seems almost as though you are unsure before each keystroke. Even though you've already taken them down, I preferred the first two better.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gary Thanx for your input always appreciated mate ;) Yeah I know it will take time it's far from finished though..I was playing it round at a recording studio today that has a piano with free access one of many places i go...and they were complementing it quite a bit so it looks promising,to be honest that video recorded from my phone doesn't do it much justice it sounds a lot better live.So hopefully i don't mess it up and it turns out to be a really good one..time will tell.

Last edited:

Ask a Question