A new virtual instrument - "Autoharp" for $10

Reaction score
autoharp-image-small.png

MEG Autoharp by Oscar Schmidt circa early 1970's

Above is the Autoharp I've had since the early 1970's. It's in excellent condition. I've sampled it thoroughly, and programmed an Autoharp virtual instrument for the Garritan ARIA Player and Cakewalk's Dimension Pro.

FEATURES:

--528 24 bit samples.

--All 127 MIDI notes - 10 1/2 octaves of sound.

--SEVEN ARTICULATION LAYERS for each chord.

--Release samples on all chords.

--Pick noise controlled by Mod Wheel.

--Automatic damping noise controlled by Sustain Pedal.

--Three octaves of single notes plus alternates.

--Six octaves of chords.

--Open string strums for atmospheric pads.

--Other effects - key noises, plucks, etc.

Here's an MP3 montage with five segments, demonstrating the Autoharp as a rhythm instrument, as a melodic instrument, and in ensemble with other instruments:

AUTOHARP DEMO

Click below for more demos, more information and the download link to MIDI files, MP3s, a manual featuring a detailed keyboard map of the samples, and the folder with the SFZ file and samples:

AUTOHARP INFO AND DOWNLOAD

Please use that PayPal button at the above web page to send the suggested donation of $10.

This is a very detailed virtual instrument, making for a substantially sized folder of data. The Zip file is 217 MB, unzipped size is 233 MBs. The manual includes the simple installation instructions.

Here's the listing at KVR Audio about the Autoharp:

KVR Autoharp news item

Though the Autoharp is used most often in folk and country music, I feel it would also add an interesting texture to other musical genres.

rbowser

Ask a Question