A question about the Casio wk-7500

Reaction score
Hi. I just bought a Casio wk-7500 keyboard, and I am pretty satisfied with it. But I noticed that when I use the split feature with two tones/instruments using dsp effects, the dsp effect disappears from the instrument on the upper half of the keyboard (the instrument I started with).

For example, I have a drawbar organ preset with vibrato, but when I split the keyboard, adding another another drawbar organ preset, the vibrato disappears from the organ on the upper half of the keyboard (the organ I started with).
Another example is when I use a distorted organ (drawbar organ preset 48), and split the keyboard adding anything else using dsp effects (for example guitar/bass preset 23), the distortion on the organ disappears, and it starts sounding like a regular organ.

The same happens if I record multiple tracks using dsp effects in the song sequencer: Only the latest recorded instrument uses its dsp effects, and all the other instruments using dsp effects gets their turned off.

This is of course highly annoying, and I just wondered if that is the way it's supposed to be? That it is just one of the keyboards limitations, being unable to use two instruments with dsp effects at the same time, rather than something wrong with my own keyboard.
Thanks in advance! :)

Reaction score
Yes, I have a WK7500 as well and have tried the settings you've mentioned with the same result. So it must be a limitation and not only your keyboard. For the rest I am quite happy with it (for the money.) :)

Reaction score
Ah, all right then. Thank you for your answers, it's a big relief to finally get some straight answers on that, and to know that it isn't anything wrong with my keyboard! I do find it pretty weird though that I can't find it mentioned in the manual, nor anywhere else on the internet... Anyway, thanks again, and have a nice day! :)

Reaction score
just got a wk 7500, i am very disappointed, , you cant layer 2 sounds at the bottom split and one at the top split, you can only layer 2 up top, I use it live and ie, moody blues, I need voices and strings below and flute up top, it is totally worthless, I should have read the manual before I bought, also there is no equalizer to adjust the tones with more bass or treble., The only good thing about this synth, is the organ setup and rotary speaker function, I will sell it cheap,, anybody know of a relatively inexpensive keyboard, that has good organs
but also does splints and layers better than this junk. thanks

Reaction score
just got a wk 7500, i am very disappointed, , you cant layer 2 sounds at the bottom split and one at the top split, you can only layer 2 up top, I use it live and ie, moody blues, I need voices and strings below and flute up top, it is totally worthless, I should have read the manual before I bought, also there is no equalizer to adjust the tones with more bass or treble., The only good thing about this synth, is the organ setup and rotary speaker function, I will sell it cheap,, anybody know of a relatively inexpensive keyboard, that has good organs
but also does splints and layers better than this junk. thanks
There's always a spoil sport in the crowd.
The function you want is probably offered in the $3000 and up range of keyboards. Considering the expense of the 7500, couldn't you just get a second one and play both keyboards at once on a stand. One for lower sounds and the other for the upper sounds. This would also give you much faster changes and flexibilites when playing live. I once had 5 keyboards set up at once, 3 stacked in front of me and 2 stacked on the right of me. I used this setup on stage many years ago since back then, a keyboard was usually good for just 1 or 2 really good sounds, The multiple keyboards had to be used to get all of the sounds necessary for live performances. Today, that is not that much of an issue.
Hope this helps.

Ask a Question