A restart with Yamaha p90...

Reaction score
Hello, after some years of inactivity I'd like to restart playing piano. I played (and sometimes studied) it for 20 years; I like jazz;
To restart I found a yamaha p90 on internet at a good price. What do you think about this piano? Is it still valid in comparison to other new Yamaha models (P85, Cp33)?
How is the p90 keyboard action?
Help me... I would not do a wrong choose!
Thank you
Emanuele

Reaction score
Hey Emanuele,

I've been playing on a Yamaha P90 for well over a decade, maybe even 15 years. I love it for it's grand piano sound, and the keyboard action is fantastic. The sounds are very limited... I feel that the organ is just okay, and the electric pianos are pretty good, but nothing compared to other keyboards out there.

What you're getting in the P90 is a great acoustic piano sound, and graded hammer action keys that (to me) feel as close to the real thing as you can get. I can't comment on how it stacks up against other Yamaha models, as this is the only one I have owned (apart from a DGX300), but I can say that I have certainly been happy with it.

Enjoy it!
Brandon

Reaction score
If you hover over or tap on a posters name a pop up will show you when they last visited the forum.

That will give you a good idea of the likelihood of a response from them.

The New Posts is a good place to start each time you visit the forum.

Reaction score
If you hover over or tap on a posters name a pop up will show you when they last visited the forum.

That will give you a good idea of the likelihood of a response from them.

The New Posts is a good place to start each time you visit the forum.
Thanks for the advice!

Ask a Question