A USB with no MO6...

CRD

Reaction score
Made some music on a MO6, saved in All Pattern on a USB. No longer have the MO6 :( Can I access what I made if I only have the USB? and say, a computer maybe? Do I need a certain program or sound banks etc.?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It depends on what format the files are in. Standard MID or SMF or WAV files, no problem.

Anything else and you'll need a compatible Yamaha keyboard to play them.

CRD

Reaction score
Thank u for responding. In order to check the type of file, can I do so on a computer without having to format the USB? And would that damage/delete or prevent me from accessing them?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Formatting the USB pen drive would ERASE ALL FILES on the drive.

Just stick the drive into a USB slot on any Windows or Mac or Linux computer and bring up whatever file manager/explorer software you use.

If the computer tells you you it can't read the drive you are SOL.

If you can browse the files on the drive then just right click them to bring up file properties and see what type of files they are exactly.

Like I said, if they're MID or SMF or WAV you have a shot at pulling something out of them. If they're something else you're prolly outta luck unless someone on the web wrote a conversion utility to allow you to use them.

CRD

Reaction score
Formatting the USB pen drive would ERASE ALL FILES on the drive.

Just stick the drive into a USB slot on any Windows or Mac or Linux computer and bring up whatever file manager/explorer software you use.

If the computer tells you you it can't read the drive you are SOL.

If you can browse the files on the drive then just right click them to bring up file properties and see what type of files they are exactly.

Like I said, if they're MID or SMF or WAV you have a shot at pulling something out of them. If they're something else you're prolly outta luck unless someone on the web wrote a conversion utility to allow you to use them.

Thank you very much. Very informative. I'm gonna check for that utility as well. Don't have the board anymore. Might try to find a used one if all else fails.

Ask a Question