About midi file

The Y_man

Reaction score
Yes you can make your own MIDI files.
Unfortunately, I believe you can NOT upload them to a PSR E343 :(

I think you should however be able to play them back from the PC to the keyboard using MIDI connection.

The Y-man

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I believe you can NOT upload them to a PSR E343

I think it depends on what you mean by that.

The PSR-E343 doesn't have a "USB To Device" port, so it can't play MIDI song files from a USB flash drive, nor can it convert User Songs made on the keyboard to MIDI song files and save them to a USB flash drive.

However, it does have a "USB To Host" port, so you can connect it to a computer and use Yamaha's Musicsoft Downloader program to transfer MIDI song files directly into the keyboard's internal flash memory.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Just be warned that-- if I remember correctly-- Musicsoft Downloader does not copy the file; it actually moves the file from your computer to the keyboard's memory (or vice versa). If you use the procedure to clear the keyboard's flash memory, it will erase any song files or style files that you'd transferred to the keyboard's memory. You should always keep at least one backup copy of your song files, either on your computer or on some other storage device (e.g., a USB flash drive).

EDIT -- Also, to anticipate a question that always seems to come up with the PSR-E models, there is no "Load Song" or "Load SMF" function on these keyboards, because you don't need to load a song file in order to play it. Just press the SONG button, then any songs you transferred to the keyboard's memory will be listed after the built-in songs.

Last edited:

Ask a Question