About skills...

Reaction score
i have another thread also about roland exr 7s problem in other section. But about this, im so confused to increasing my skill. im 16, and play piano since 13. but im not playing it every day. i like to play guitar, accordion, video games and more. so im not concerne in piano. but i like to listen classical music and try to play it on my keyboard. but its so hard for me to play classic music like rondo alla turca. i just can play moonlight sonata first movment. so i got inspired to make my own piano song. and finally until now i make 12 title on piano with duration abot 85-95 minutes. maybe someday i will give you one of my piano music. but the point is... i never play piano even my own song, without a wrong note. i cant read or write piano sheet, so i just remember all of my song in my brain. but my problem is how to increasing my skills. yeah... its wierd. i make my own song, and i cant play it perfectly 100 percent. if you have a opinion or experience with learning piano, please tell me. Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Take a look at the Tutorials threads in the Technique and Posture Forums here on the board.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Practice, watching video and video will help understanding but whatever you play you will not progress until you have developed the motor skills necessary to play the instrument.

Ditch gaming, use the time saved to play instruments.

Reaction score
but im not playing it every day. i like to play guitar, accordion, video games and more. so im not concerne in piano.
Your question contains the answer within. If you wish to increase your piano skill level, you need to practice frequently. No skill is acquired merely by wishing it to improve.

Reaction score
Thank you for reply from all of you....
but for increasing my skill, what kind of practice should i do?

sorry for bad english.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd suggest picking up a piano method book and a workbook to run thru the exercises.

Work on the areas that give you the most trouble. Scales, Sight Reading, Theory, Left Hand Independence.

Whatever deficiencies you feel you have work on those.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Check out the piano learning app Flowkey.

There are so many lessons free then it goes subscription but by the time you have worked through the free ones you will know it the App is going to be helpful to you.

I bought a Digital Piano and a free three month trial was included. I set about using it and I did so as often as I could in the three month period and found that it was for me a useful experience. I am not a pianist, I play keyboards.

Ask a Question