Accompaniment across USB Midi? - Noobie

Reaction score
Hello

I am very new to hooking up keyboard to a computer, can someone help me with this question?

I have a Yamaha PSRS910 and a Mac laptop. I connect them with a standard USB cable and to-date hjave only used Mac Garageband - I am a beginner and haven't looked for other software yet.

My Mac recognises the keyboard as such, I can hear what I play on the computer, but when I record, all I get on playback is just the notes I played, the Yamaha keyboard accompaniments aren't actually recorded.

Is there a way to do this, to get the accompaniment recorded on my computer too?

t.i.a for any help, I really am puzzled by it all.

Reaction score
Just a thought, have you checked that the channels sre setup for your keyboard to the mac as per your k/board manual? If it's not then you will not get the signal going through. Make sure you have installed the correct midi driver for your board ( I know you said it is recognised).

Reaction score
oh i dont think on the psr series that that will be transmitted through midi, if you want the accompaniment i think you will have to record it separate through an audio interface or depending on the quality your looking for the mbps actually have a decent internal mic.

Ask a Question