Adding Sounds to Keyboard

Reaction score
My wife just got a Privia Px-3s. I want to buy her a sound pack of additional sounds, but was wondering if it is possible to load these either into the keyboard itself, or onto an SD card (it has an SD card slot). Or do you have to have it connected to a computer to play other sounds?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I had a PX3, and it is not possible to load additional or different sounds. It will play midi files loaded on the SD card, and you can save certain things from the keyboard on the SD card, but that's the extent of it. The PX3 has some good internal sounds though so no worry. Don

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
One thing though, that is very doable with the PX-3 is to use the keyboard as a controller and play sounds loaded into a VST on the computer or else it's also possible to connect a hardware rack module to the MIDI ports and use it to control voices on the module.

Ask a Question