Adjust headphone volume output on Roland FA-08?

Ned

Reaction score
I've been looking everywhere but can't find out how to lower the volume of the headphone output on my FA-08.
I have a pair of studio monitors and headphones connected to the appropriate outputs on my FA-08. However, I only see a master volume knob.
I would like max volume for my studio monitors but low volume for my headphones. Is there any way to adjust these two settings individually?

Reaction score
Is there any way to adjust these two settings individually?

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/FA-06_08_Reference_e01_W.pdf

Page 7 of the manual seems to suggest that they're a package deal. I had a quick look to see if you can alter some kind of global parameter to make the headphones volume lower to start with, but if it exists I wasn't able to find it.

I'm assuming your monitors don't have an individual volume control. The only other thing I can think of is to play through a mixer with a separate send and volume control for main output and phones. Possibly not an additional expense you wish to incur though.

I must confess I am wondering why you need the monitors blaring loudly if you're using headphones?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually, while installing a mixer is the best approach is there any reason why you can't adjust your headphones to a volume you can tolerate and then adjust the monitors to a suitable level independently?

I'm assuming the monitors have some sort of volume controls built in?

Otherwise though, if you want to be able to adjust these settings on the fly, you'll have to get a small mixer. Behringer Xenyx 502 is cheap and easy to set up.

Gary ;)

Reaction score

Ask a Question