Advice on arranger for beginners

Reaction score
Hi, can you recommend a good arranger with decent sounds with a cost of 300-400 $ (or €) that is suitable for a beginner? Thank you

Reaction score
You may have found that there are quite a lot of keyboards in the price range you quote, however just how good they are is subjective.

In reality there are only three 61 key arrangers that I would suggest you take a look at.

Korg EK50, which is their lowest priced keyboard.

Yamaha PSR E463, the top of their E series lineup

Casio CTX5000, top of their CTX lineup

Either of these will last for quite a few years before they will be outgrown.

Lesser models are available but they would not be suggested at all by myself as models to consider unless whoever the keyboard is aimed at wants to learn to play piano then it becomes a very different ballgame.

If this is the case there is only one a Casio CTD 360, which is an 88 key digital piano with lots of sounds and inbuilt arranger features, other DP’s with arranger features are Casio PXS3100, Korg XE20, Yamaha DGX670 but these three are very much more elevated in price.

Reaction score
You may have found that there are quite a lot of keyboards in the price range you quote, however just how good they are is subjective.

In reality there are only three 61 key arrangers that I would suggest you take a look at.

Korg EK50, which is their lowest priced keyboard.

Yamaha PSR E463, the top of their E series lineup

Casio CTX5000, top of their CTX lineup

Either of these will last for quite a few years before they will be outgrown.

Lesser models are available but they would not be suggested at all by myself as models to consider unless whoever the keyboard is aimed at wants to learn to play piano then it becomes a very different ballgame.

If this is the case there is only one a Casio CTD 360, which is an 88 key digital piano with lots of sounds and inbuilt arranger features, other DP’s with arranger features are Casio PXS3100, Korg XE20, Yamaha DGX670 but these three are very much more elevated in price.

Thanks for the reply. In fact I had seen that the Korg arranger could do for me. I was undecided between Korg and Casio, and the Korg keyboard was indicated by many as the best in that price segment. In your opinion, what are the differences that can lead to choosing the Korg rather than Casio?

Reaction score
It is a Korg, well made, sounds great, expansion is available for free. It will take a while to learn the ins and outs of the operating system but that will be true for any keyboard.

The Casio sounds pretty good, the operating system of the CTX5000 that I tried was flaky in that it would and then would not save Registrations.

Some videos for you to watch.

Casio

there are others in the Casio playlist

Ask a Question