Advice on Fair Asking Price for Old KT-88 Synth?

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a price-range for my old Ensoniq KT-88 and -- because they aren't made any longer -- am sort of stumped. I can't find any prior ads except keyboards that were being parted out or simply don't work. I know -- and can attest -- that this is an awesome keyboard. But... what's a fair asking price? (Assuming I can find the dongle, sound cards and all the other bits & pieces.)

(Oh! And I'm not trying to trick anyone here into buying the thing. I just want to put it on ebay or craigslist and ask a fair price. You're the pros, so... )

Also, any advice on where's the best place to post these kinds of ads.

Thanks for any advice.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's a couple of similar Ensoniqs going between $499 and $699 on eBay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_from=R40&_nkw=ensoniq+kt-88&_sacat=See-All-Categories

A lot depends on condition and included extras, but I'd have to say you should be able to figure a fair price that both you and the buyer can be happy with.

It seems to be 1995 vintage and that old time type of gear only really attracts dedicated collectors so you may have to advertise for a month or two to find an interested buyer.

Gary

Ask a Question