Advice, please

Reaction score
i really love the Nord sound. I’m looking to upgrade from my Roland Juno DS and seeking advice on the best Nord product for my needs which are:
- versatile workstation
- wide variety of easily accessible sounds/ patches including strings, single horns and horn sections
- Hammond organ sounds
- large programmable performance settings that are easily accessible
- large synth library

Don’t need:
- arranger
- sequencer

That’s my wish list. Doesn’t anyone have any suggestions on which Nord product fits the bill?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I’d prefer 71 or 76, but will take 88. 61 is too small.

I’d prefer semi weighted, but will take either weighted or not

Budget is open for the right keyboard.

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks, Cowboy. I’m gonna check these out. Since I also play with a King Korg on the top rack, the synth library isn’t that important.

Reaction score
As a fellow KK owner, and previous Nord Electro user, I can tell you the Nord Electro synth sounds will be more or less redundant if you own both 'boards. But it has many other strengths as you'll see when you study up on it.

Reaction score
Thanks. I really like the KK, and plan on continuing with it, but it doesn’t have much usable brass and the piano and organ sounds are limited. I was hoping to get the gap filled in with a Nord product. On various demo videos I get teased by some brass sounds, but haven’t really seen a fulsome demonstration of these sounds. So far, I haven’t seen anything that comes close to my Roland.

Reaction score
I have a Nord Stage EX and would say the stage range gives the best all round sounds and is the most versatile.

Ask a Question