AKX10 arrived today and transpose issue.

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Finally I have the keyboard at home after a lot of time waiting for it.

The overal impression is excellent. Great machine for the price.

Now it comes...

Ther are 3 parts (layers) You can select the octave per part, obiusly, BUT YOU CAN'T transpose one part independently! The transpose function transposes the three parts at once!

I have not been able to find how to do it in at least three hours. If it really is like that, I'll return the keyboard immediately to the store. This is for me unacceptable.

Greetings.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Alas the Medeli website does not return a search result for your keyboard hence there is nothing we can do other than advise you to search the paper manual that hopefully came with your keyboard.

I would expect to be able to access the settings for each layer and individually adjust

At £650 I would expect better adjustments to be available.

If you cannot find what you seek return it and buy a Korg Pa700 or Yamaha SX700

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Finally I have the keyboard at home after a lot of time waiting for it.

The overal impression is excellent. Great machine for the price.

Now it comes...

Ther are 3 parts (layers) You can select the octave per part, obiusly, BUT YOU CAN'T transpose one part independently! The transpose function transposes the three parts at once!

I have not been able to find how to do it in at least three hours. If it really is like that, I'll return the keyboard immediately to the store. This is for me unacceptable.

Greetings.
Pg 23 User Guide
You can also shift the pitch of a specific part or track up or down by full octaves. Octave shift is not available for Style and Song modes. There are two ways to shift the Octave of a part: 1. Press the [OCTAVE <] / [OCTAVE >] buttons to edit the octave of selected part.
Press to select a part. Use the [DATA DIAL], [<]/[>] buttons, or touchscreen in the “Keyboard” menu to shift the Octave of the selected part.

Does this help?

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, interesting yet concerning.

I would certainly expect it to be able to shift by chosen step(s) or by an octave PER track within a Style and for the resultant Style to be able to be saved to a specific location in a User Bank.

Can you see if this can be achieved.

Reaction score
Gary
Here in the UK the Kurzweil KP120a is £340 whereas the Medeli AKX10 is £650.

If it is a rebranded 120A then Medeli have upped the looks, keyboard layout and spec alone by the addition of a colour screen.

I for one would not spend £650 on a Medeli, far better long term value imo would be to buy a Yamaha SX600 or even the much older Korg Pa600.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually Kurzweil sells a whole range of arrangers of which I believe most if not all are rebranded Medeli models.

Take a look at this link.

One of those, I am almost certain, is a rebranded AKX10.

I'm really not all that detail oriented when it comes to arrangers so I'm sure if you cast your expert eye over the available models you'll find the lollipop at the end of the doctor's visit. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Actually Kurzweil sells a whole range of arrangers of which I believe most if not all are rebranded Medeli models.

Take a look at this link.

One of those, I am almost certain, is a rebranded AKX10.

I'm really not all that detail oriented when it comes to arrangers so I'm sure if you cast your expert eye over the available models you'll find the lollipop at the end of the doctor's visit. :)

Gary ;)
They do look like Medeli

Kurzweil are stuck in a time warp regarding their arrangers, in that they are very, very old looking designs and of the 10 models showing on their webpage none have a colour screen yet alone a touch responsive one.

Just tried to price their top of the range model and I get zero response also Sweetwater and Sam Ash do not have any arranger listed.

Ask a Question