AKX10 Firmware Bugs?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

first time poster here with greetings from South Germany.

I bought a AKX10 and it is great value for the money.
While so far everything works, I wonder that some basic functions are faulty(?)
Maybe someone can test and confirm this?

Newest Firmware Version 01.03.07. "Lock" ist not enabled.

Global Settings -> Utility -> Config 2:
Usually, a white checkbox means that a function is inactive and a red checkbox means that a function is active.
For the "High Contrast" function, however, a white checkbox means that the function is active (and grey = inactive).

When "High Contrast" is activated, "Breathing Light" means that the function is inactive and a red checkbox that the function is active.
If "High Contrast" is deactivated, however, a white checkbox for "Breathing Light" means that the function is inactive and a grey checkbox that the function is active.
This means that the whole color scheme is inconsistent.

Global Settings -> Utility -> Config 3:
All changes to Year/Month/Day and Hour/Minute are reseted to "2018" after restart.

Global Settings -> Utility -> Config 4:
The buttons for "Backup" and "Restore" are always grayed out and are not selectable.

Group Knobs (top left):
If I switch to "Assign", adjust the three controls (e.g. to min.) and save with "Store" (Bank 001, Peormance Memory 1), the values are reseted to the factory settings when Performance Memory 1 is called up again.
However, if I switch to "Assign", adjust the three sliders (e.g. to min.), then switch to "Cutoff, Resonance, Volume" with the Select button and save again with "Store", the settings remain saved.
If I then switch back to Assign1/2/3 with the Select Button and save again with "Store", the values are reseted to the basic settings when I call them up again.

Greetings, Spectral

Reaction score
Config 2 no problems with high constrast grey/white lights. Mine works fine.

Config 3 no problems. Mine shows correct datum.

Config 4 yes. Back up and restore options are death.

Group of knobs no problems. Mine stores the 12 settings I want for each perfomance.

Reaction score
Hi Dievas,

thanks for trying out that!

This is very strange. Do you have the same firmware installed (V1.3.7)?

Regards, Spectral

Reaction score
Hi folks,

first time poster here with greetings from South Germany.

I bought a AKX10 and it is great value for the money.
While so far everything works, I wonder that some basic functions are faulty(?)
Maybe someone can test and confirm this?

Newest Firmware Version 01.03.07. "Lock" ist not enabled.

Usually, a white checkbox means that a function is inactive and a red checkbox means that a function is active.
For the "High Contrast" function, however, a white checkbox means that the function is active (and grey = inactive).

When "High Contrast" is activated, "Breathing Light" means that the function is inactive and a red checkbox that the function is active.
If "High Contrast" is deactivated, however, a white checkbox for "Breathing Light" means that the function is inactive and a grey checkbox that the function is active.
This means that the whole color scheme is inconsistent.

Global Settings -> Utility -> Config 3:
All changes to Year/Month/Day and Hour/Minute are reseted to "2018" after restart.

Global Settings -> Utility -> Config 4:
The buttons for "Backup" and "Restore" are always grayed out and are not selectable.

Group Knobs (top left):
If I switch to "Assign", adjust the three controls (e.g. to min.) and save with "Store" (Bank 001, Peormance Memory 1), the values are reseted to the factory settings when Performance Memory 1 is called up again.
However, if I switch to "Assign", adjust the three sliders (e.g. to min.), then switch to "Cutoff, Resonance, Volume" with the Select button and save again with "Store", the settings remain saved.
If I then switch back to Assign1/2/3 with the Select Button and save again with "Store", the values are reseted to the basic settings when I call them up again.

Greetings, Spectral
" .... I bought a AKX10 and it is a great value for the money.."

" .... I wonder that some basic functions are faulty(?) .."

Oxymoron ....

Reaction score
My only issue at the moment is with the Grand Suite software. I can't hear the sounds through the keyboard. It's not an user friendly software.

Reaction score
Hi delaware dave,

I'm not a native speaker and I really don't want to be rude.
But it would be very nice if you don't continue to participate in this thread.

Thank you, Spectral

Reaction score
Gee, i thought your first response was rude. But that's ok, i accept your apology and to ensure that you wont be rude again you made my ignore list. Your welcome....

Reaction score
Hi Dievas,

this is really strange that the keyboards behave differently with the same firmware. Then something seems to be wrong with my device.
I had also written to Medeli support, probably it will have to be exchanged. As a newcomer to higher-class keyboards, Medeli probably also has a way to go :cool:

In Europe - by the way - Thomann sells the AKX10 under its own name for around $500. I originally planned to buy the Yamaha SX900, but the Medeli is even better in some areas (e.g. audio via USB), although the Yamaha is five times more expensive (seems to be heavy overpriced and some functions are probably limited for product strategic reasons in order to ensure the differentiation from the high-end devices). I only bought the keyboard for my little daughter, if you wanted to perform with it and needed a lot of styles, that would of course be something else...

Best regards, Spectral

Reaction score
The Thomann has less memory and power than the Medeli.

By the way. Never buy a PSR SX900/700 or PSR A5000. They have serious quality issues. Noisy keys after two weeks of use.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As far as I know, the only difference is the lower memory at Thomann AK-X1100.
Tje firmware is also incompatible and will therefore always appear delayed.
And currently the delivery time is 2-3 months…
And yes, I've heard about the SX quality problems.

Reaction score
As far as I know, the only difference is the lower memory at Thomann AK-X1100.
Tje firmware is also incompatible and will therefore always appear delayed.

This is why the original Medeli is a better choice for 65 euros more.

By the way, the Thomann cost 579 euro and not 500 usd.

The Medelli cost 645 euro

Last edited:
Reaction score
My only issue at the moment is with the Grand Suite software. I can't hear the sounds through the keyboard. It's not an user friendly software.

As far as I know, with the next firmware update, the Grand Suite software should receive a preview option with which styles can be listened directly to.

Reaction score
Noisy keys on a Yamaha PSR-SX900? Even Jeremy See - the king Guru of Medeli AKX10 prefers the PSR-SX900 over the AKX10.

Reaction score
Noisy keys on a Yamaha PSR-SX900? Even Jeremy See - the king Guru of Medeli AKX10 prefers the PSR-SX900 over the AKX10.

As far as I now, Jeremy See never talked about the quality issues of the PSR SX900/700 keybeds.

For your information, a lot of PSR SX900/700 were sent back for repair to Yamaha in the warranty period. Yamaha regreased the keys but the problem comes back again and again. There are a lot of unhappy buyers with defective keyboards (noisy keys) out of the warranty period. Also the new PSR A5000 Oriental has the same problem because it mounts the same SFB keybed as the PSR SX900/700.

By the way, it's not strange that Mr.See prefers the SX900 over the AKX10. The Yamaha sounds much better.

Ask a Question