AKX10 vs Korg PA700

S

Scott Murrell

I own both and today did as fair of a comparison as I was able to. Here’s my take.
Build quality:
Both seem to be built very well with key beds that aren’t noisy.
Screen quality:
To me, the Medeli is far more responsive and sharper.
Sound quality:
I’m not a big fan of Korg’s stock acoustic pianos, Medeli’s are far more realistic! Timor’s pianos are very good!
Strings are close but the Medeli’s seem more present. EQ difference?
Choirs aren’t great on either but Timor’s are fantastic!
Ep’s are to my ears better on the Medeli.

This was an unscientific comparison and strictly my opinion! If you disagree?
Do you own either or both?

Reaction score
Fair enough Scott.

Question about the Korg, are the sounds you are quoted Eq’d?

Totally agree about Korg acoustic piano, Reuben’s is well worth adding if you have not done so.

I have found that Korg Pa’s have a very flat response straight out of the box and need the Eq turning on in Global.

S

Scott Murrell

Fair enough Scott.

Question about the Korg, are the sounds you are quoted Eq’d?

Totally agree about Korg acoustic piano, Reuben’s is well worth adding if you have not done so.

I have found that Korg Pa’s have a very flat response straight out of the box and need the Eq turning on in Global.
I think the eq of both instruments is an important consideration. I do have Reuben’s piano and it’s very good, I just think out of the box the AKX10 reacts more favorably to ears that have played metal to classic rock for 50 years. The Korg after another listening later last night really goes well with the Medeli.
Can’t wait to get Timor’s sounds on Monday, his Korg sounds are nothing short of great! *

*Lest anyone thinks I have any self-interest in promoting Global Sound? I pay for every single sound I get from Timor and do so gladly! I will gladly promote any person I believe in.

Ask a Question