AKX10 vs PSR SX900.YOU KNOW YOU WERE DYING TO GET MY OPINION SO DONT SAY YOU WERENT!

Reaction score
Okay silliness aside…I got my replacement AKX10 in this morning and first things first…
‘That must be one well built sucker because UPS destroyed the box and the keyboard looks great and works!
initial comparisons strictly going through the onboard speakers, our Electro-Voice pa will be later.

The pianos ( same octaves and effects off)…Slight edge to the Yamaha but it could be the onboard speakers.
‘Why couldn’t Medeli put the same speakers in their $700.00 AKX10 that Yamaha put in their $2200.00 PSR SX900? ( Sarcasm!)

Saxes ( essential for our classic rock duo!):
Pretty close! Still give the unaffected edge to Yamaha but again…the speakers?

The rhythms:
Killer on both! Expandability ( more rhythms available?)? Tons for Yamaha and quite a few for the AKX10. The choices I bet will increase, Yamaha has been around a lot longer!

Other instruments ( strings, brass, synths. Etc.):
Very close!

Later today we’ll connect the two keyboards to our E-V’s to bypass the onboard speakers!
More to come!

Reaction score
Okay silliness aside…I got my replacement AKX10 in this morning and first things first…
‘That must be one well built sucker because UPS destroyed the box and the keyboard looks great and works!
initial comparisons strictly going through the onboard speakers, our Electro-Voice pa will be later.

The pianos ( same octaves and effects off)…Slight edge to the Yamaha but it could be the onboard speakers.
‘Why couldn’t Medeli put the same speakers in their $700.00 AKX10 that Yamaha put in their $2200.00 PSR SX900? ( Sarcasm!)

Saxes ( essential for our classic rock duo!):
Pretty close! Still give the unaffected edge to Yamaha but again…the speakers?

The rhythms:
Killer on both! Expandability ( more rhythms available?)? Tons for Yamaha and quite a few for the AKX10. The choices I bet will increase, Yamaha has been around a lot longer!

Other instruments ( strings, brass, synths. Etc.):
Very close!

Later today we’ll connect the two keyboards to our E-V’s to bypass the onboard speakers!
More to come!
Wow, seriously...?

"Slight edge to the Yamaha", "Very close!"...?

Either I received a bad AKX10 - or the SX900 sounds a lot worse in person than it does in YouTube videos...

Are you seriously going to make me go out and buy the SX900 to demo it side-by-side...?! lol

Reaction score
Wow, seriously...?

"Slight edge to the Yamaha", "Very close!"...?

Either I received a bad AKX10 - or the SX900 sounds a lot worse in person than it does in YouTube videos...

Are you seriously going to make me go out and buy the SX900 to demo it side-by-side...?! lol
I’m pretty sure that I can’t make you do anything but I hope you’ll be happy with whatever you do.

Reaction score
Spent the last 2 hours working with this and…WE LOVE IT!
My wife plugged her mic into it and it may not be our TC Helicon but it sounds great and that vocoder? Wow!
It sounds different ( not better and not worse just different) and I like the rhythms more! Something about them digs into the music and shines!
I bet you can find reasons to hate or love it, for my duo? This is the reason we bought another one to supplement our sound.

Ask a Question