Alesis QS6 HELP!!! Any Programming Guru's Out there?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I'm a new member... hope somebody can help.

I'm a keyboard programming rookie needing help.
redface.gif
I think the QS6 is capable of mixing existing patches, but don't know how to do this.
confused.gif
What I'm after initially is a realistic Horn Section sound like a 5-piece "Tower of Power"-type funk/rock horn section. I have reproduced the effect I'm looking for in a recording studio by recording one track using the PowerBrass program and then recording a second track mixing in the FrnchHrnSec program. The brass program by itself is too "grainy". Adding the mellower french horn section makes it sound pretty darn good.
cool.gif

Questions:
  1. Can I mix these two, and maybe others, together in the QS6 so I can just have my own custom program?
  2. If so, can you help me do this by sending me the procedure to do this?

Reaction score
hey saxman, I don't know anything about the QS6, but maybe it will relate...on my keyboard I can "layer" 2 sounds and mix/edit them, then hit "edit" and the menue appears to add this new sound to my options, sometimes I have to free up space on an existing bank to add the new mix, so I just delete something I never use and add my new sound. after adding the new mix I can go back and repeat this procedure and add even more instruments as a layer. hope this helps some.

Reaction score
Thanks Rotor. I bought this thing used, no manual, but was able to find one at the Alesis web site and just downloaded it. It appears to be consistent with your explanation. I'll give it a shot in the next few days.

Ask a Question