Alesis QS8 vs. Casio PX130 (Budget Stage Pianos)

Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently have a Yamaha YPG-535 and a Korg Microkorg, as well as an acoustic piano. I bought the Yamaha as a stage piano and studio instrument of sorts, and have been quite disappointed, as this is not what it is designed for in the slightest. I bought the MicroKorg to make up for the Yamaha's lack of decent synth sounds, but I'm still lacking what I was seeking originally- a good, basic stage piano sound with nice action.

At church, I play an Alesis QS8, which I love, and I've heard great things about the Casio PX130. This would be used just for piano sounds live, and for a MIDI controller in the studio.

Which would you pick and why, or do you have another recommendation for a sub-$500 (used or new) 88 key, weighted or semi weighted stage piano?

Thanks,

Alex

Reaction score
For synthesis and MIDI capabilities the QS8 will wipe the floor with the budget piano you mentioned. That said, I'm not a huge fan of Alesis' QS range, I always found the onboard samples a bit lifeless.

Ask a Question