Alesis Vortex Keytar, change of the key setting?

Reaction score
Greetings,

I recently bought an Alesis Vortex Keytar (Midi-keyboard, http://www.delamar.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/alesis_vortex.jpg) and i was wondering if someone of you might know if it is possible (and how) to change the lower "drum pads" to the actuell keys.

I "want" (drummer left the band, i´m the temporary replacement D: ) to play Drums with it. No problem itself, but the Drum pads (base, snare and some hithats) are simply insensitiv as f*ck. I can play simple stuff on it, but thats it because i have to smash them like hell. Not to mention i can´t play very accurate because of that...

So, my thought was that it might be possible to change them to the keys. only a third of them are
occupied with drum sounds, the others are emty.

I hope someone of you might own one himself and can help.

Thanks in advance, i appreciate it.​

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Guten Tag Kampfrausch, ;)

First of all your jpg link doesn't work so I'm posting the image here in the thread.

alesis_vortex.jpg

Secondly, Alesis' website wants way too much of my personal info to be able to download a manual but here's some general advice I can give you.

First of all look in your manual and see if it allows keyboard splits or zones.

If so, then follow their directions and you should be able to assign a drumkit to one side of the keyboard and a lead voice to the other side. If the drumkit doesn't focus on the particular percussions you want, you should be able to octave shift to a set of key based instruments that you can work with.

That's pretty much all that I can offer. :rolleyes:

Gary

Reaction score
Hello Gary

I finally found my manual, but have to say i don't understand the smallest bit of it xD
But! Thats not important anymore (at least not till i want to change something different...)

I was not able to change the keys one by one, but as you said i could shift the octave which put all drums in a good and reachable position.

And that is all i was aiming for ^^

Thank you for helping me out, the rest is simply a matter of practice, but when is it not?

Ask a Question