All of a sudden, Eb, G, B not sounding anywhere on korg keyboard -

Reaction score
I've had this Korg K25 for years; I know old and small, but I'm asking because I suspect it's not because of this particular keyboard (k25) - I've never had any trouble and today all of a sudden, it will not sound Eb, G or B natural anywhere on the keyboard in any octave. It's on all vst instruments I choose, and when I use the mouse to sound those notes they are there - I'm thinking it's got to be some midi thing because why those particular notes in every octave? Any advice from anyone as to why all of a sudden these particular notes don't sound? It's a mystery to me - thanks for any help.

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to do that - do you know with the K25? I just downloaded new drivers, doesn't help. Weird, never happened before, but if you have a general idea how to reset the keyboard I'll give it a try - thanks

Reaction score
I actually figured out the rest and did it - same thing - what I don't get is it's just those 3 notes in every octave - Eb, G and B - everything else is fine - makes no sense to me.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's probably some schmutz or oxidation on one of the internal connectors.

Depending on how handy you are with a screwdriver you might be able to carefully open up the keyboard and remove and clean the internal connectors with electronic contact cleaner.

DO NOT USE WD40!!!!

Get a proper contact cleaner like Deoxit.

Don't touch the keyboard contacts unless you enjoy making extra work for yourself.

Or just take it to a keyboard tech and pay him $150 to do it for you.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It's probably some schmutz or oxidation on one of the internal connectors.

Depending on how handy you are with a screwdriver you might be able to carefully open up the keyboard and remove and clean the internal connectors with electronic contact cleaner.

DO NOT USE WD40!!!!

Get a proper contact cleaner like Deoxit.

Don't touch the keyboard contacts unless you enjoy making extra work for yourself.

Or just take it to a keyboard tech and pay him $150 to do it for you.

Gary ;)
thanks Gary - only thing I can't figure is why it's just those three notes in every octave, it's not random. Anyway will try uninstalling and reinstalling over next couple of days will post when I do - thanks!

Reaction score
just searching online for answer to why just those keys and saw someone had a similar issue with a Korg - "
I have a Korg x5D that has four notes that suddenly stopped…
I have a Korg x5D that has four notes that suddenly stopped playing: low G, Eb, B and middle G- I took it to a repair shop (dealer- Korg recommended) where they replaced some contacts for $120. The same notes still don't play: whats happening? Could it be a scale issue or a program issue? I use the keyboard for piano practice when I travel and don't know much about its technical issues." He said no difference after spending the $120 - so doesn't appear to be mechanical - by the way have now tested different cables and computers and same problem - I saw how to reset keyboard (K25) but I don't think it's working - holding down the sw 1 and 2 keys for awhile but don't know if it resets - probably due for a new keyboard anyway, but am interested to know why just those 3 keys -

Reaction score
thanks Gary - only thing I can't figure is why it's just those three notes in every octave, it's not random. Anyway will try uninstalling and reinstalling over next couple of days will post when I do - thanks!
FIXED! It was just a reset issue - finally just kept holding down keys turned it off and on and finally it's all good - wanted to let you all know - thanks Community! Glad I could answer my own question. Sometimes the best use of these forums is just to go over the stuff yourself so you can figure it out, but if anybody ever has anything similar - do a reset - if you don't know how it's in your manual - and that goes for midi controller or keyboard, it's no difference.

Ask a Question