Almost Overwhelmed!!!

Reaction score
Hi, I've always been a B2 Hammond, Hammond SK1 and Leslie guy...you know, draw bars and Leslie switch. To get a great sound there is a lot to it. But... I ordered the Roland Juno DS 61 and watching You Tube and other videos it all seems a overwhelming to learn. How tough is it to figure out all the bells and whistles.I still play in a band, where all old. I bought one mainly for the strings and pads etc.
How do you learn to layer for different effects. I'm not a super computer guy and this looks like it going to be pretty tough. What is some advice for a 65 year old synth rookie. I had s DX7 back in the 80's but all I did there was push a button and play a voice. I've never explored below the surface of the control panel.

Reaction score
Come on youngster if this older guy can learn a Korg Kross 2 then you can.

Believe me the Korg menu system and manual is written in Klingon compared to your Roland.

Best advice I can give is to look for the Roland Product Support made videos on Youtube, they are great but take a bit of finding as there are so many.

I actually learned how to layer on a DS using the Roland videos and a few trips to my local music store then I could understand the Korg videos better.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Basic overview..........................
Press performance mode, press dual if you want two sounds at a time. Upper and lower is which sound you want on top and on the bottom.
Split means you have two sections on the keyboard to play two sounds.

Reaction score
Thank You!! My keyboard was delivered last night and I will open it tonight and get started of it.

Reaction score
OK, I got my new Juno DS 61 last Friday and I love it. There is so much sound packed in a 15 lbs. package. Right out of the box it has great sounds just a the press of a button. There are however many functions that will have to be figured out but all in good time. I'm very pleased and it will make a mate with my Hammond SK1. I also go a free memory stick with the Juno of more sounds and loops from Sweetwater. The quality of the sounds are really great from the videos i've watched. I have not jump into that bonus stick just yet. Over all.... I'm in love!!!!!

Ask a Question