Always read the small print.

Reaction score
I am looking to change my digital piano for a more upmarket model and have been looking at DP’s in the £1000-£1500 price range of which there are quite a few.

Looked at reviews and listened to various models and downloaded a couple of manuals.

Then I clicked on the Shopping tab and I saw a great offer, by far cheaper than elsewhere.

On impulse, buy was clicked and then it came up to the pay section and I spotted the text, EU VAT has not been added to the purchase price.

The seller was a company based in Germany and hence the EU and with us not being in the EU we now have the flawed BREXIT agreement to be plagued with on purchased goods.

So apart from a c20% Tax on top of the purchase price goodness knows what other add on costs we will face.

Lesson learned only buy from a UK Company.

Interesting how Amazon gets around the rules, we often get a full filled by Amazon SARL listed in our orders.

Reaction score
I was going to buy a Keyboard from a German company and also ran into the 20% tax, so didn't bother.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
We Canadians can now feel sympathetic to the Brits.

After Brexit, you guys are in the same boat we Canadians are in with our insane neighbours to the south.

Quick Canadian Import Cost Conversion.

Step 1: Take the American Price.

Step 2: Double it... :p

THAT'S What we end up paying :p

Welcome to National Sovereignty :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Just to pi55 you off Gary.

If I bought a specific Korg it would be $800 Canadian cheaper than what Sweetwater is currently selling it to the Yanks.

Same with the Yamaha, Genos over here it is $1000 Canadian cheaper

Sweetwater are selling it for $6000 US, which is a ridiculous price.

At one time US prices were very low to what we paid over here, now, not so. No doubt that will change as BREXIT takes hold.

Latest is the EU wants our Covid vaccines because they do not have enough, they have not even passed it to use but they still want it. As it happens we get our injections Saturday.

Stay safe.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Vaccines are a sore spot for us right now.

With every G7 nation hogging its own vaccines for themselves we Canadians don't have a homegrown solution yet and now we live in fear of pharmaceutical companies voiding contracts or slowing deliveries to a trickle.

Right now we are wondering if NATO or the Commonwealth is still worth a damn. :p

Gary ;)

Ask a Question