Am I lucky or what?

Reaction score
I am lucky, within 20 minutes drive I have four great music stores.

One primarily sells guitars and associated kit, so many there is a 20m wall racked out with four tiers of guitars, a seperate room of Taylor acoustics plus a few keyboards. Btw, I am primarily a guitarist and have a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Jazz Bass both of which I love.

Another store has a great range of kit of all types.

The third is a scruffy guitar store with bags of atmosphere and welcoming staff.

Then there is my favourite, the keyboard store, mainly Yamaha, Nord, Roland and Korg. They have Korg nights once a month when the Rep visits and gives a masterclass on a particular aspect of on of their keyboards.

Well last night I was searching for a review on a small multi use practice amp that I want, primarily for presentations I do on a non musical hobby of mine but also want the amp to double up for my midi setup that I am developing.

Then the search threw up a new name, I now have a brand new keyboard store 5 minutes away from where I live, covering about 500 m2 of showroom floor area its pretty big and full of great keyboards, synths, midi kit and even a few sets if electronic drums. So I visited it this morning, stood in the door with my mouth open, welcome a voice boomed out, anything you are looking for, no I responded just checking you out, the response was feel free to have a play on anything and if something is not connect give me a shout and I will rig it up.

After a twiddle here and a twiddle there, bypass on the Yamaha kit, I approached the Roland kit, and there it was a Juno DS (what Gary has and often suggests) so ten minutes later I was dumbstruck what a great keyboard for not a great deal of cash.

Oh yes, I did get the amp, a Boss Katana Mini, all of £80, tried it in shop on a Yamaha Pasifica Guitar and at home on my Jazz Bass and fed in some music off my laptop, for the cash its a great little amp that will do exactly the business for my presentations and midi setup.

I am one happy old timer.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
61 or 88 key model?

I've been saying it for the past year. The Juno DS is the best bang for the buck on the keyboard market today :)

Congrats :)

Gary ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Su_uh Innocent Nelson

Latest Threads