Amateur Musician looking to branch out

Reaction score
Morning All!

Checked a few pages back and didn't see a thread exactly like this, so if this has been asked, I apologize!

I am an amateur musician that really always loved the organ and piano...just never had the means to work with them.

I play guitar and love it! But to be honest, would love to branch out and start the keyboard.

To try to make this short and to the point, is there a beginner Keyboard that could emulate the following instruments relatively nicely on a budget?

1. Piano
  2. Organ
  3. Harpsichord
  4. Clavinet
To be honest, 2-4 are my most wanted, I absolutely adore classical and classic rock that showcases these somewhat offbeat instruments.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

If you have a budget in mind, then it would be useful to share it here.

Reaction score
Hi Nashorn and welcome to the forums!

I'm just gonna throw out the cheapest idea I could think of. In case you already hade a DAW (such as Cubase or ProTools or similar) chances are they already have some virtual software instruments included, in which case you could just get a cheap simple MIDI controller and then use the instruments inside your DAW :) You can find small MIDI controllers really cheap, like this one.

But if you do have a more specific budget in mind, do tell us! It makes it easier for us to find something for you :)

Ask a Question