Amazon must have lost their minds...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
While I've never understood the logic behind Amazon's rotating pricing, yesterday I took advantage of what must surely have been an error.

I was scanning my wishlist yesterday and saw an Electro Harmonix V256 Vocoder Pedal for $71.99 CDN!!!!! I swear I almost dropped a load in my pants but immediately went into order mode and ordered it up.

I already own a TC-Helicon Voicetone Vocoder but this was simply too good to pass up on.

Today they have it up for $368.22 CDN again!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002NGMBGK

Even if I turn around and sell it for double what I've paid for it someone would still be getting a bargain.

I'll probably just end up setting it up with my other mic to get some interesting stereo effects though.

It's supposed to ship today or tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't wake up to their mistake and end up cancelling the order. :D :D :D

Sometimes good things DO end up happening to good people :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It blows my mind fer sure. My understanding is that Amazon uses computer algorithms to scale the prices on a daily basis. And I hadn't bought anything from them in a couple of months breaking my usual pattern. Perhaps the computer wanted to "entice" me to buy something without setting any sort of bottom limit on the amount of the discount. On the same shopping excursion I picked up a $200 Singer sewing machine for $85 CDN also from my wish list.

At any rate if Amazon has a few holes in their algorithm I'm more than happy to exploit them :D :D :D

Gary ;)

PS. Right now order status is "preparing for shipment" so hopefully all systems are GO! :D

PPS. BTW, I currently have over 700 items on my Amazon Wishlist. I'm just a web shopping whore at heart :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well, I knew it was too good to be true.

Amazon cancelled the order due to a "pricing error."

As far as I'm concerned they can cram it where the sun don't shine.

I'm pissed and I told them as much.

ALL of Amazon's prices are an "error" if you ask me. Those assholes will not hesitate to overcharge you at any opportunity, but when they pull this kind of shit it's nothing more than a bait and switch tactic.
tongue.png

Gary
angry.png

The Y_man

Reaction score
Well, I knew it was too good to be true.

Amazon cancelled the order due to a "pricing error."

As far as I'm concerned they can cram it where the sun don't shine.

I'm pissed and I told them as much.

ALL of Amazon's prices are an "error" if you ask me. Those assholes will not hesitate to overcharge you at any opportunity, but when they pull this kind of shit it's nothing more than a bait and switch tactic.
tongue.png

Gary
angry.png

You'd reckon you should be able to take some legal action.... but hten the fine print probably has all sorts of stuff..... sad.

The Y-man

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter.

I deleted my CC info with them and wiped out my wishlist.

Now that I'm certain of how they operate it will be a cold day in July before they see any of my money again.

There are plenty of alternatives out there with equal service and better prices. I'll just have to look a little harder in the future.

Gary

Ask a Question