Amplifier question (for Alesis QS8)

Reaction score
I recently purchased my keyboard, and a couple of small amps (Peavey Rage 158 x 2ea) that seem to work fine, though I am getting a little feedback hum. Someone told me I need to use "keyboard" amps rather than the "guitar" amps I have.

So, is there really a difference? I'm only (learning to) play in my den...

Sure am glad I found this Forum. Seems like a great place to learn.

Thanks,
Arden

Reaction score
The main difference between guitar and keys amps is that keys amps are designed to give good response across all frequencies. Guitar amps are deliberately limited, as it suits the sound better. I personally would recommend Roland amps, but I hear Peavey do good keys amps as well. Don't buy Behringer. You get what you pay for!

Reaction score
Keyboard amps are specifically voiced for keyboards. I've got a Roland KC550 and it just rocks. I've played in bands that the bass player has told me to turn down, now that's a statement.

btw I also have an Alesis QS8.2 that I keep in my studio for practice. Most of the time my stage gear is in the trailer. I do sometimes haul my amp and Motion Sound Pro 3X home. The Alesis has some very nice "mix" sounds when ran in stereo to my Roland, and then sent to PA and panned hard R/L. I also use for big gigs 2 Peavey SP3's and a 375 watt stereo Crown amp in conjunction with the Roland. Now we're talking stage prescence lol...have fun.

Ask a Question