Analog synths

Reaction score
So I am thinking about buying a Dave Smith Instruments Evolver, which is an analog synth module. I don't have a lot of experience with analog stuff, but i really need some super fat sounds for what I am working on. Has anyone ever used one of these, or any other DSI synth? The only analog synth ive played was a moog little phatty, which was awesome but a little out of my price range. Also, I don't need another keyboard because my current setup already requires 3. Any other advice/ information about analogs that would help me out?

Reaction score
Dave Smith I believe was the mastermind behind the Prophecy synth of the 70/80's I have played on one of these many years ago, I also owned an original Mini Moog in 75' which was a blast to play ie "Frankenstein" was the biggey then, its kinda hard to not have that 4th synth in your line up, unless you can program one of the synths you have to use analog controls for attack, release, filters etc and use a midi bank. There's also some inexpensive analogs from Korg and Alesis, pends on what you like.

Ask a Question