Animals

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Many ppl here will be most interested in this.I am sure.
Paul aka @CowboyNQ for one. I am thinking this is your fav. PF album?
I got the link through my connection with Martin Barre (ex Tull).

I have just listened to a small snippet. Looking forward to hearing more.

Comments? Thoughts?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That's quite a lineup of musicians! I'm listening to part of it now. :)

Reaction score
Very interesting and thanks for sharing Ray! You are correct in recollecting that Animals is my favourite PF album.

Gave Dogs a good listen.

Some aspects of it I really like - the keyboard arrangements are very lush and really complement the song. The new interpretation of the harmony guitar solo is stellar. I also don't mind what they did with the extended solo in the middle - some interesting ideas in there which pay respect to the original keys solo and push it a quite a bit further. I also like the production values which sound rich and full like a party for your ears.

I'm not as enamoured with the vocal delivery, nor the lead guitar work. While both are very technically polished I don't feel like either really capture the emotion and intent of the song as well as the original. Maybe a bit too slick - I don't know, but I didn't get the same "my nerves are being rubbed raw" feeling that Waters and Gilmour manage to generate back in 1977. I'm not a massive fan of the piano solo when the song gets going again after the breakdown either.

Also - some of the dogs barking in the recording sound about as menacing as my Cavoodle, haha!

Overall I reckon it's a good reinterpretation and I enjoyed listening to it. Look forward to hearing what they've done with the other songs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanna

Latest Threads