Annoying click!!!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I asked this question over at Roland as well.

I could use some help with a midi connection problem I am experiencing.

I have the Roland JP-08, JU-06, and the JX-03 and love them. They all work fine when hooked up to any of my other synths but my Roland Juno G!

I have set up and area in my studio where all three boutiques and the Juno G reside on there own. The Juno G is the master controller for the three boutiques. I usually have the connected using a Midi solutions quadra 1 x 4 so I can control which ever one I need when I call upon it without changing cables.

My issue is this annoying repeating click that's in a 80 BPS tempo!! I tried everything from going direct one at a time, using different cables, elimanting anything I thought may be problematic.

The Boutiques run fine with any othe synth I have in house...ie Jupiter 50, juno ds88, v synth! But once the Juno G is the controller it begins the click again.

So now I confirmed that the Juno G is the issue with the boutiques I tried just using the Juno G with my Rack units and it works fine!!!

What the heck! What am I not doing right in regards to Juno G controlling boutiques!

Any Ideas?

Thank you very much for all and any help!

XR

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Have you tried hooking the Juno G up to your computer to look at whatever it's transmitting in a MIDI monitor? I take it the clicking is coming from the Boutiques in response to whatever messages the Juno G is sending?

Reaction score
No, I have done that but will look it up! Is there a certain program that works best? Can I do this with midiox?

Thank you for the help.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Yes, MIDI-OX should work nicely for this. You might want to check the preferences to be sure all message types are displayed, as you wouldn't want to unknowingly filter out the one that's causing the clicking response from the Boutiques. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's just occurred to me that a lot of keyboards send out a tempo drum click for the drummer to keep time with the beat.

Look in your manual and menus for the Juno G for anything regarding tempo click or drum click.

Usually it's sounding a snare or hi hat and outputting on its own channel.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I've had a metronome click come on a couple times somehow and it freaked me out til I found what it was.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I'm still not clear on whether the actual clicking sound is coming out of the Juno-G or out of the three Boutiques.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
In the Juno-G manual it shows a check box for "click" in the Tempo settings, which is turned on (and presumably also turned off) by pressing F5. When it's turned on, the keyboard will sound a click for the metronome.

Ask a Question