Another Novice

Reaction score
I've been reading this forum for the past few months, and I decided that it was time I finally registered and introduced myself. So, um, hi. :)

I used to play keyboards pretty regularly back in junior high, but then I quit. Ten years later, I'm trying to get back into it. I recently bought a Yamaha MM6, and I'm loving it. Unfortunately, I seemed to have forgotten pretty much everything I ever knew about playing. I can't even read music notation anymore. But, I look forward to learning and to talking with all of you.

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I practice whenever I can. And, yeah, the MM6 does seem to be a sweet little 'board. It's also pretty user-friendly which was important to me because I'm not very familiar with the technological aspects of keyboarding.

Reaction score
Newby with MM6

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I practice whenever I can. And, yeah, the MM6 does seem to be a sweet little 'board. It's also pretty user-friendly which was important to me because I'm not very familiar with the technological aspects of keyboarding.

Hi, I'm also new to keys, I bought an MM6 in December. I didn't know anything about keys or which one to get and the MM6 seemed the least intimidating to a newby. It was easier than the more sophisticated synths to see the list of patches and pick the ones I liked.

For awhile I was bummed because it didn't have as many 'bells and whistles' and editable paramaters as the korgs & rolands & Motifs. Then I realized as a newby what I needed to concentrate on was playing skills. I need to get that left hand working and it will be quite awhile before I have time to worry about synths, MIDI and all that stuff.

Good luck!

Ask a Question