Antique replicant available for preorder

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
If you've got US$3,749 (or US$999 and like to solder), a rack mount clone of the Yamaha GS-80 is available. Actually, there are improvements made (like memory) as well as reductions (no ring modulator, I think).

If you're interested, go to deckardsdream.com, where they're taking deposits of US$1,199 (or US$399) on the first production run.

You still need a polyphonic aftertouch MIDI controller to really do the rack justice. I'm not sure if there are any currently in production.

(I still want to get more information about the Berringer Model D clone.)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Didn't you post this already a couple of months ago?

Anyway, I sometimes think the real analogue freaks go overboard looking for "The perfect emulation of the sound of a toilet plunger being driven up a hamster's butt" :D :D :D

Personally as long as I have a decent palette of sounds available the cheaper I can achieve it the better :D

Gary ;)

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
There's now a price and a buy button.

Tempted, oh so tempted. I'm not sure anyone is creating a cheap rack with polyphonic aftertouch response. Although getting the controller may be problematic.

IF I ended getting it, I'd be going the DIY route. That way I could take pride in accomplishing something, too.

Might work well in a Eurorack system. There's supposedly an expansion coming "real soon now" with CV inputs and outputs as well as a ring modulator.

Or I could just hold off and get the Beheringer 2600 clone that's being rumored about. Or the cheap MiniMoog clone.

At least this thing's got a memory, which is something the Model D does not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhsmith451

Latest Threads