Anvil Studio-Cue Point :Does it work?

Reaction score
I create a few cue points at different instants of the song,but when I select them from the drop down,there is no effect.I was expecting the playback to start at the selected cue point.I referred the User Guide,there was not much content about this topic.So was guessing it does not work.
I am using version 2014.02.03.
Need:While analyzing some midi tracks,I want to focus on a particular portion of the entire song.So have to play from a particular instant again and again.One solution is to use the slider,but cue points would have been easier.
Is there a better solution.
Regards,
Biswajit

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but Anvil Studio has its own forum where you might find answers to the more technical questions.

http://www.anvilstudio.com/forum/

Sorry I can't help with your problem but check their forums later to see if you can find a solution. Otherwise perhaps someone else here can offer more help.

Gary

Reaction score
I tried the link..got the following error :(:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 135 bytes) in /home/anvils2/public_html/forum/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 688
Will try again bit later perhaps....btw...short term solution is using Synthesia....moving back and forth on the song trackbar using PC keyboard is a little easier.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Biswajit

You can set new cues either by stopping play and setting the cue or by setting them "on-the-fly" with the score running, but they work much more reliably and accurately if you stop the score near where you want to set the cue, and then set it exactly where you want it. Once a cue is set, to return to it, YOU MUST STOP THE SCORE and then click on the cue you want to return to. If you click on a cue while the score is running, it just ignores you, so you can not use cues as a more or less real-time manually controlled looper, and of course, you can not use them as automatic loop points. Setting automatic loop points is a lot more involved than it should be for a DAW. You have to do it manually through the Event Editor (Eeeek ! ! ! :eek:). If you are interested, see this discussion:

http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/How_do_I_make_a_loop_point_in_a_MIDI_using_Anvil_Studio?

Good luck !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Biswajit

You can set new cues either by stopping play and setting the cue or by setting them "on-the-fly" with the score running, but they work much more reliably and accurately if you stop the score near where you want to set the cue, and then set it exactly where you want it. Once a cue is set, to return to it, YOU MUST STOP THE SCORE and then click on the cue you want to return to. If you click on a cue while the score is running, it just ignores you, so you can not use cues as a more or less real-time manually controlled looper, and of course, you can not use them as automatic loop points. Setting automatic loop points is a lot more involved than it should be for a DAW. You have to do it manually through the Event Editor (Eeeek ! ! ! :eek:). If you are interested, see this discussion:

http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/How_do_I_make_a_loop_point_in_a_MIDI_using_Anvil_Studio?

Good luck !
Hi Ted,
Verified that stopping the playback and then selecting the cue point from the dropdown works :). However,I would hv expected something like by pressing the left and right arrow i could jump from one cue point to the next.Basically,I just wanted to easily play some part of the track again and again so that I can learn to play it myself..and for now Synthesia is helping here where I can use the left,right arrows to navigate back and forth..and up and down to play faster or slower...In anvil studio,I found it too much of mouse work.

I did check that link sometime back..i created the loop event,but did not know what to use it for.I am aware of creating loops in Anvil studio..but this loop event so far does not make sense so far to me.

Regards,
Biswajit

Ask a Question