Any Good Book

Reaction score
i want it to buy some books to make it easier to play piano and i am not sure the big differences form adult books and kids book they look similar as kid do get more details then adult?

i want one with full details and maybe something with easy find midi files or something that will show me how did they play it as you can play it on computer using midi songs and have allot online videos of other people explaining or have good videos online?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't looked at any piano lesson books in many years, but I would think that the main differences between books for kids versus books for adults might be in (1) the kinds of songs that are included and (2) the reading, vocabulary, and comprehension levels that the books are written for. An adult could easily learn to play using a kid's book, even if the choice of songs might not be as appealing to an adult and the language might seem a bit over-simplified; but a child probably wouldn't find an adult's book to be as easy or as fun to learn by.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
As an adult . . Some reputable books for learning which come to mind which you should look for are . .
Anything by John Thompson. There are many which range various levels from beginners up.
Also Alfred's have an abundance of books to choose from. Again various levels.
Also books by Kenneth Baker. These are easy to read and he makes learning a pleasure.
As well don't underestimate books for Dummies and/or Idiots Guide books on keyboarding and/or piano.

These have all been around for decades and second hand books are readily available for cheap sale through ebay and the like. Or you can find them at thrift shops or you local library. Otherwise google the above names (in bold) and you will see many titles to choose from if you wish to purchase new.
Cheers Ray :)
Do not google me:eek:

Reaction score
I learned just by practicing a lot. Even if you aren't sure what to do, just get to a piano and start playing.

I wrote a little something that helps on this subject. Not trying to post spam, but if you go to amazon and type "how to play piano using chords" It shows up.

Reaction score
I'd like to see the "Dummie" books on piano and keys. The Music theory and Mandolin series were very well done. I'd expect they have a good standard. I'm using the Adult Alfred Method which I like. Some of the songs are boring but designed to teach certain concepts.

Ask a Question