Any idea when new PSR keyboards will be available in Canada?

Reaction score
Was excited to finally see the PSR-E473 and PSR-EW425 finally announced; finally line out ports and even a mic input with gain/effects and especially interested in the 425 for the extra keys. It's almost like a portable DGX-670 (with unweighted keys). Still no availability in Canada and I spoke to a major retailer here and they still haven't heard anything regarding availability or pricing. Anyone have more info than I do?

Reaction score
Here in the UK the 473 is available ex stock the 425 says due end April so that may help.

I would not compare either with the DGX which is a ground up brand new design released Jan 2021. I would say that a 61 key version of the DGX would be more similar to a 600 or 700 model from the SX range.

E series are still very much beginner series, that hopefully one day will get a better interface and a larger colour LCD screen.

Reaction score
My crystal ball says tomorrow. Have a look for yourself

1647364905896.png

Reaction score
Waiting for the 473 here too.. how much do you assume the Canadian price tag would be? Thx.

Reaction score
It’s $370 USD so prob 460-500CDN. EW-425 should be around 625$. Was in Long and Mcquade yesterday, they don’t even see it in their systems yet, so could be months. Yamaha seems to ignore canada with new stuff

Reaction score
Strange really... Many countries have been having it in stores for a while now...

Reaction score
I sent an email to Yamaha about it forever ago, and actually just heard back - they said they expect to start shipping in Canada in May, so hopefully that doesn't become June but at least looks like next couple of months

Reaction score
I have a CT-S1 and love it - insanely portable and for the price the sounds are impressive. I do wish it had even a tiny single line screen, but you can’t have everything.

Did a review here if you want to check it out:

Casiotone CTS-1 Review

Reaction score
If I can get the PSR-E463 used but in mint condition for the same price of the CTS1, what would you advise me to get? Thanks.

Reaction score
Well the CT-S1 is not an arranger, it has no rhythms or accompaniment. It focuses on high quality keyboard centric sounds (for the price), while the 463 has lower quality piano and keyboard sounds, but has rhythms and accompaniment, hundreds of voices, menu screen etc. I personally wouldn't buy a 463 unless you can get it on a significant discount because the E-473 is now available (seems everywhere but where I am lol) and is a massive upgrade over the 463

Reaction score
Well the CT-S1 is not an arranger, it has no rhythms or accompaniment. It focuses on high quality keyboard centric sounds (for the price), while the 463 has lower quality piano and keyboard sounds, but has rhythms and accompaniment, hundreds of voices, menu screen etc. I personally wouldn't buy a 463 unless you can get it on a significant discount because the E-473 is now available (seems everywhere but where I am lol) and is a massive upgrade over the 463
Hi, I watched your review on YouTube of the CT-S1 (found out I was a subscriber to your channel actually ) and I finally opted for this keyboard. I love it. Thanks for the advice and have a great day .

Reaction score
Hi, I watched your review on YouTube of the CT-S1 (found out I was a subscriber to your channel actually ) and I finally opted for this keyboard. I love it. Thanks for the advice and have a great day .
That’s awesome congrats! I still have mine; it really is amazing for the price

Reaction score
They finally became available in Canada; grabbed an EW-425 and have to say, pretty packed with features for the price! Prelim review:

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I already watched your review and liked it . Might go with e473 over the ew425 mainly for the price.

Reaction score
I almost got the 473 instead for the same reason, especially with the new octave shift panel buttons (the 463 was a pain for switching octaves) but I really wanted the bigger speakers and the extra keys are nice. But the 473 is still amazing for the $

Ask a Question