Anyone have this problem?

Reaction score
Could be a midi problem ?

I use my Kurzweil PC2R for organ patches midi with a Korg Krome and Yamaha MX 61
But the Leslie in any organ patch sounds too fast when at top speed
I brought it home to try and rectify
The problem midi it with my
Nord Electro 5 D no problemo????

Any ideas

thanks

Reaction score
mIdi and the speed of the fast leslie on the pc2r are independent of each other. All midi would do is to change the speed of the leslie from fast to slow. I guess it is possible, via. Midi, to control the leslie fast speed setting via as well and perhaps the controllng keyboard migh be sending a midi message to max out the leslie fast setting so that as a result the leslie spins too fast. I would doubt the latter is the case. Go into the PC2r, edit the fast leslie speed setting so that it spins slower. The horn should fast spin at 375 rpm and the lower drum should fast spin at 340 rpm's as per a real leslie. Kurz specs are in Hz. Divide rpm by 60 (in the USA) to get the equivalent Hz setting the fast setting should be set at, or just adjust it to your taste or the same speed as the Nord that you appear to like by listening to the fast speeds via ear comparison.

Reaction score
mIdi and the speed of the fast leslie on the pc2r are independent of each other. All midi would do is to change the speed of the leslie from fast to slow. I guess it is possible, via. Midi, to control the leslie fast speed setting via as well and perhaps the controllng keyboard migh be sending a midi message to max out the leslie fast setting so that as a result the leslie spins too fast. I would doubt the latter is the case. Go into the PC2r, edit the fast leslie speed setting so that it spins slower. The horn should fast spin at 375 rpm and the lower drum should fast spin at 340 rpm's as per a real leslie. Kurz specs are in Hz. Divide rpm by 60 (in the USA) to get the equivalent Hz setting the fast setting should be set at, or just adjust it to your taste or the same speed as the Nord that you appear to like by listening to the fast speeds via ear comparison.

Reaction score
Thanks DD
Today I Midi just my Yamaha MX 61 with PC2R and used a floor pedal
Worked fine

but when I have my Korg Krome
Midi into PC 2 r and use the joy stick Leslie speed is way to fast

Reaction score
Is it an, expression like pedal or a pedal that switches the speed from fast to slow? Sounds as though the pedal is not a slow/fast switch that switches the speed from slow to fast setting, it sounds more like a variable speed pedal that as you push down on the pedal the speed gradually moves the speed faster. Question, is the pedal like a volume pedal and as you push down on the pedal the !eslie speeds up? If the pedal is pushed half way down is the leslie spinning slower than if you pushed the pedal all the way down? In other words, does the speed vary as you push the pedal down?

Ask a Question